Analytics help you track where your visitors are coming from, how much time they spend on your site, how they convert to paying customers, and more. Knowing this data will help you improve your marketing efforts
There are plenty of free options you can use but they don’t respect your user’s privacy and some of them use nasty tricks to track them. Also, you might need to add one of those annoying cookie banners on your site.
A simpler solution is to use a privacy focused analytics tool like Fathom Analytics.
I personally use Fathom Analytics on my websites and projects built with Carrd and it works beautifully. To set it on your website you just copy some code, embed it on your website (Using the embed element in Carrd) and you are good to go.
Why you'll love Fathom Analytics:
- You don’t need to add one of those annoying cookie banners on your site
- You can have multiple sites on your Fathom Analytics account (even use it for clients since they have the option to share the dashboard with specific people)
- The project is built by indie makers just like me
- Amazing and simple design
Things you'll learn in this guide:
- Why use Fathom Analytics
- How to set up Fathom Analytics in Carrd: Learn how to navigate your Fathom account, get your tracking ID and embed it into your Carrd projects
- Dashboard data: The dashboard is where all the data is found. Unlike other analytics services that are bloated with menus and complex navigation, you’ll find everything you need in one screen.
- How to set goals: Goals are a useful way to measure a specific behavior of our users. Some examples on how to use goals: Track the number of times our visitors click on the purchase button but don’t complete the process or track the number of people that submits a form so we can know our conversion rate; For example: ratio between visitors and subscribers
Included in this guide: