Exactly one year ago I sent a tweet telling the world I was launching Components UI. I didn’t expect much since I didn’t have a large following and this was just a side project for me. Little did I know that this small side project will still be around a year later helping creators, freelancers and agencies with their businesses.
This is a brief timeline of everything that has happened this past year around Components UI, how the product grew and the milestones achieved:
- April 06, 2020: I sent a tweet announcing Components UI. As of this writing, the tweet generated 22,182 impressions on Twitter and it responsible for everything that happened to Components UI
- April 17, 2020: I posted a blog post on Medium titled "Using Carrd.co and Gumroad for side hustles and making extra income". It tells the origin story, how I got the product started, how I built it and launch it and how I was filled with fear and uncertainty at all times. You can read the post on the blog here.
- May 12, 2020: Added video tutorials on how to use the components. This was the first big update available and it was free for anybody that had already purchased it.
- May 18, 2020: Price increased. I was completely nervous about this and thought that no one was ever going to purchase any package ever again.
- Jun 08, 2020: Launched Templates UI. Now you can buy individual templates for Carrd.
- Jun 12, 2020: Price increased again. Still nervous about raising prices.
- Jun 27, 2020: I started a SEO strategy and began to offer free guides: "How to build Simple Pricing Tables in Carrd" and "10 days of Carrd: Tips, tutorials and exercises delivered daily to your email to improve your websites". There are more guides available right now that you can check out here.
- Jul 08, 2020: I started an affiliate program for Components UI. You can promote any or all of the products on http://componentsui.com or it’s subdomains in order to earn a commission using the Gumroad Affiliates program.
- Jul 28, 2020: Launched Components UI: Dark Mode. A complete rebuild of the Components UI gallery using dark mode colors and contrast.
- Jul 30, 2020: Started to double down on SEO strategy and launched a blog for Components UI → https://componentsui.com/blog
- Aug 06, 2020: Added new dynamic templates to Templates UI and wrote the story "Building and launching a new product in 24 hours"
- Sep 29, 2020: Launched Build UI: A compilation of video and written step-by-step tutorials to help you build beautiful components like complex toggles in pricing tables, responsive navbars, dynamic sections, and more just by using Carrd elements and little pieces of code. This was a new challenging project since it involved learning code.
- Oct 27, 2020: Added new components to Build UI (one of the most requested: A responsive navigation bar - Navbar)
- Nov 20, 2020: Launched Components UI in Spanish.
- Jan 07, 2021: Announced Guides UI: Guides to help you build, sell and grow your digital products online
- Jan 14, 2021: Launched The Journey: A series of blog posts that include the uncensored story and the process of building Components UI and its products
- Mar 01, 2021: Added new 7 new components to Build UI. This was the biggest update to date.
- Mar 05, 2021: Price increased again. After almost a year I'm still nervous about raising prices.
What a ride. I still plan to keep working on the products and keep developing new ones to help creators, freelancers and agencies to build, sell and grow their digital products online.